Sunday, September 19, 2010

Simple Math

Math was never my strong suit, but this kind of math made perfect sense to me. One day, I was meditating on selflessness. I was thinking about how for most of the day and our life, we are rooted in selfish interests, and I was thinking about how unfortunate it is.

I began to ask my angels and guides, how can we overcome selfishness? And here's what they said:

"When each person only cares for themselves, the world is full of many people struggling to survive on the love and support of one person only. But if everyone made it their responsibility to care for everyone that they could, instead of having just one struggling person watching out for us, we could be cared for by hundreds, thousands, millions. We are stronger as a collective than we are on our own, but we must look outside ourselves to see this truth."

I never thought of it that way, and it is so completely true.

No comments:

Post a Comment