Friday, September 17, 2010

Oh, Hello There!

Fancy seeing you here. Have we met? Yeah, I used to come here all the time, but I actually haven't been in months. I thought I'd check this place out again. What brings you here?

There is a season for everything, right? And so around May of 2010 I retreated from this blog. There's a few reasons for that:
  • my work and thoughts had gone on autopilot to some extent to where I wasn't noticing my thoughts anymore. I wasn't making the connection as to what should be shared.
  • honestly, I doubted my ability to have anything to say! I don't believe in talking/blogging for the sake of it, but only if there's really something meaningful/insightful to contribute. I have doubted whether or not my thoughts are original.
I'm excellent at having an argument with myself. A professional really. I always lose. And win.

So when it comes to whether or not my thoughts are original, I got over that. Maybe what I say has already been said. But what about my network of knowing? Maybe the people who read this blog have not encountered those other sources. Maybe I'm the window in this case. Louise Hay and Mona Lisa Schulz have many of the same thoughts, but likely have reached different audiences. And so this little light of mine is gonna shine, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment