Friday, March 19, 2010

What You Can't See

It was nighttime, and I was driving back from another expo, going through rural Indiana at around 9pm. I was just daydreaming and reflecting when a field next to the highway began to blink with red lights. It was the simplest thing, but it was gorgeous. In a field in the middle of nowhere, these red, twinkling lights lit up an expansive field.

I just enjoyed the show and marveled at the beauty. And it made me think about the beauty in the dark, and the beauty of things we can't see. Often, when I am reading for someone, I feel like I am watching a movie that no one can see but myself. It's like trying to describe the beauty of a sunset to someone who cannot see. It's just lost in translation sometimes.

We just need to have more faith that there is beauty and love even in places where we can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment