Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Road Trip Game


So on my way back from Columbus, Ohio (cute town and good people b.t.w.) I played the Spiritual Radio Game that I just mentioned. I didn't ask any specific questions, I just said, "Tell me what you want me to know." I stopped on a 70's/80's/90's/miscellaneous station, and I unexpectedly got a response to a question I was asking.

From time to time, I feel drawn to getting a tattoo. Almost like the string-around-the-finger effect, I've been thinking of getting something that will remind me of my purpose on Earth. A constant reminder on my wrist. I asked my angels, and in so many words, they said no. Like a stubborn teenager, I argued my case: it's spiritual in nature. It will make me a better person.

Still no.

So of course I laughed and let the issue go (for now) after their very clear response with the Radio game.

The first song comes on, and it's Tom Petty. In the first verse, he sings:

"Eddie waited 'til he finished high school
He went to Hollywood, got a tattoo

He met a girl out there with a tattoo too
The future was wide open"

Now they've gotten my attention! They've said tattoo twice, and hey, I've been thinking about getting one! I listen through the second half of the first verse, waiting for any message about their thoughts on these tattoo kids, and then Tom Petty breaks my heart:

"Out in the great wide open

A rebel without a clue"

Ouch. And there you have it. So I don't have a clue. Got it. Say no more. Should I read into the fact that his name is Tom Petty? Maybe.

But no, they weren't done yet.

Next song on the docket? I laughed at the intro because I knew what was coming. Yes, my angels are using Frankie Goes to Hollywood to make sure I don't get a tattoo.

"Relax don't do it

When you want to go do it"


Aright. I got it. It's a bad idea.

And juuuuuust because they like to mess with me I suppose, after Frankie convinced me to relax, a radio station commercial came on that featured a fanatical radio fan getting a tattoo for the radio station and then spelling it wrong. Ha. Ha.

So I realize that they want me to close this case on the whole tattoo issue . . . but maybe if I ask them next weekend . . .

(Disclaimer: I don't believe Angels are against all tattoos for everyone! But apparently it's not good for my divine plan.)

And for fun and love of Petty, here's a lovely vintage video. Check out Johnny Depp, ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment