Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh Universe, You Know Me So Well

As I was researching for a worthy charity to donate to this Christmas, I came across Children International.

The awesomeness sounded too good to be true. I would get to sponsor an individual child to help with medical care, food, education, and family costs. In exchange, I will get letters, pictures, and information from my child. I can even give extra gifts at birthdays, holidays, or just because. Afraid of any fraudulent scams, I checked around online to make sure that CI was a reputable charity, and they're actually in the top 10 charities in the U.S.

One divine sign seemed to be that the monthly contribution is $22, which is my master number and makes its presence known in all areas of my life.

So, here's how they got me. They said, hey, if you want to give it a shot, give us your address and we'll send information on a child that needs to be sponsored. Alrighty then. I can just check it out and see.

So my package came yesterday, and of course the child they assigned to me is from India. Oh India. I smiled and put my check in the mail without even reading the whole packet. The universe knew they would get me hooked if my child was Indian.

How do I describe my relationship with a country I've never been to? Well. It started in college when I met a group of friends who are of Indian descent. Then they took me to their dance performances, helped me try their food, and taught me about their culture and I was hooked. It also didn't surprise me when I did my first past-life regression and was taken to a lifetime in India in the early-mid 1900's. Oh India, I love thee. I watch Bollywood movies and eat samosas and am in love with a culture that is rich in spirituality and love for life.

It was fun to see the universe support my endeavors. I hope that maybe you'll consider sponsoring a child through Children International and see what message the universe has for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment