Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A few of my favorite things


We have sooooooooooo many things to be grateful for. All of the little things add up to a pretty charmed modern life, and I find that the more positive I am, the fuller and more joyful my life is. Also, hello, the law of attraction means that positivity attracts more positivity. Focusing on blessings attracts more blessings.

I originally thought I would just blog about things I love through the holiday season. But why not blog about it all year round? Henceforth, from now on, I shall dub thee "blessings" throughout the blog.

So today's love and gratitude goes to ONLINE. SHOPPING. Oh Lordy be, what would Christmas be like without amazon.com?! I love it. I've got my house booties on, I'm in a sweatshirt, I'm browsing and looking at reviews . . . it's shopper's heaven. If I remember that my sister likes chocolate-covered peanuts at 1am, bam, I can buy them straight away. And if I ever venture out and go shopping in the outside world, I am always wondering what I would find online instead.

If I run into what seems like a good deal on, say, a CD, I can't bring myself to buy it in the store because I always wonder,"But what's the price online? And what do the reviews/ratings say?"

I love reading reviews. I don't buy anything without checking out the reviews. I read reviews on cell phones, books, lamps . . . nothing is beyond the check-able.

Yes, there's something to be said for throwing on your cute winter coat and staring at all the lights and trees and santas as you make your way through the mall. But there's just so much stuff out there. I get so overloaded by all of this stuff. Online shopping can shut out temptations from useless purchases like "Oh! Cute scarf!" when in reality I already have five others at home.

So many of today's blessings weren't around even 20 years ago. I always marvel, thinking in wonder, "How did they do that?!" I can't imagine wandering around town for hours with my shopping list. Yet, that's how it was done for many a year. Here's to the millenium, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment