Monday, October 12, 2009

Oops! One More Thing. What Heaven is Like Part Deux

I did forget to mention one part of what John told me. As I said before, John died suddenly at the age of 23. No one saw it coming, certainly not John. I have been talking with his mother about the sadness of what could have been. She's been struggling so much to think that he won't be a husband or a father someday. But here's what John has said about his own passing:

"Mom, I love you very very much, but I don't wish that I was still alive. I am so incredibly happy. All pain is gone, all worry is gone, all fear is gone, and I am just happy for all of eternity. I am happier than the happiest person on Earth right now. Name someone on Earth, anyone who you think must be the happiest being alive, and I will tell you that I am happier than that person. The happiness in heaven cannot compare to even your happiest day on Earth. I love you and I am not separated from you which is why I don't feel loss like you do. Don't bother wishing I was still alive--I don't!"

And then, because John is just hilarious, he added, "You'll see what I mean one day" with a mischievous grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment