Monday, October 12, 2009

What Heaven is Like


This is a heavy post for a Monday, am I right? Well, it's just so cool what I've learned that I have to share.

As I mentioned before, a cousin of mine passed away suddenly and I've been helping his mother and siblings heal from their loss by connecting them with him whenever they need it. Of course, they don't need me to communicate with him; it just makes the messages that he sends back more clear.

It's been really awesome to get some first-hand narration about what heaven is like. So so so amazing. I will try to explain what little info I've been given:
  • Everyone has their own "space." It's kind of like you have your own room in heaven. When you just want to be, you just want to exist, and you just want to feel the love and warmth of heaven, you hang out in your "room." What this room looks like to me is basically a pink fog that supports you like a chair, couch, bed, however you want to relax. My cousin can't get enough of it, and has told me several times "This is the shit, Brittany." So apparently you can curse in heaven, no problem. :)
  • I can't emphasize enough that it is the most loving, comforting, happy feeling you can ever possibly have. The pink energy is like a physical manifestation of the love of the universe. It's like swimming in a big bath of love. It's addictive and it's bliss.
  • If you want to communicate with someone else in heaven, you just think of them and you will instantly be together. Also, as you talk with them, you don't actually say anything "out loud." Basically, whatever you want to communicate to them, you think it and they hear it. It sounds like our understanding of telepathy.
  • It's hilarious to hear John exclaim, "You can have whatever you want!" Each time I talk with him, he brings some kind of snack with him. His favorites so far are New York style cheesecake, a Big Gulp, Twizzlers, and a Snickers. He said that he just has to think of it and it's in his hand. He says it's not exactly like eating here on Earth, but it's pretty close.
  • If he wants to visit his mom, sister, etc. he just has to think of them and he is with them. He loves visiting family, but he said that heaven feels like home and so he doesn't hang around 24/7. It's kind of like us leaving our houses for work. Home is 100% comfortable, and we might feel more like 75% relaxed outside our home.
  • Time is not like time here. He doesn't really measure the passage of time, so whenever I had a question for him that involved something that happened Tuesday, or yesterday, or last week, it was hard for him to say. He passed away not even a month ago, but he told his mom, "It's so weird. I feel like I've been gone a really long time. It's like life on Earth was a dream from a long time ago in a far away place. I don't remember all the details of my life. What I remember most is the people who I loved."
At one point, someone wanted to know if he had met God or Jesus, and his response was really cool, he said, "Well, I had the option if I wanted to. Jesus was off in the distance and God was beyond Him. But I said, 'Naw, I'm good.'"

So of course I laughed but I also said, "What?! Who passes up an opportunity to meet Jesus Christ?!"

And here's what he tried to explain to my pea brain:
"Anyone who wants to have Jesus with them already does. Jesus' energy flows through the heart of anyone who wants to let him in. So I don't have to go "visit" Jesus because he is already with me. The same goes for God. I don't have to go see him because he is flowing through my heart all the time."

How awesome is all of that?!?!?! I feel so blessed to be privy to this information. If you've got any good questions about heaven, I will try to find out.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I sent a link to this blog posting to a bunch of my family and friends! What an awesome message your cousin has given you to pass on to his family as well as to others. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John is hilarious and so fun. It's kind of like he's been giving me the Cliff Notes on Heaven 101. It's been a really enlightening experience!

    ReplyDelete