Thursday, December 16, 2010

God Speaks via Katy Perry

So, as you know, I love music. As you also know, I spend a whole lotta time in my car. Correlation?

So as I was driving back to my hometown for a family funeral (more on that later), I was having one of those great moments where life just hits me and I have a nice good happy sad cry. I actually have some of my best meditations in the car.

So anyway, I was asking God to guide me, and the next thing you know this little diddy comes on the radio. I was reading a Buddhist philosophy book, and there was an excerpt about the Dalai Lama. He was talking with some western yogis, and they asked the D.L. what to do with students who had trouble loving themselves. The D.L. was surprised. Westerners don't love themselves? What? Why? A lack of self-love seems to be a problem unique to the Western world. And being a Westerner I suppose, I struggle with self-love, too.

So who cries at Katy Perry? This girl. Who gets messages from God via Katy Perry? This one right here. But seriously, if God could write us all a love letter, it would go something like this.

"Firework"
You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July

'Cause baby, you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go, oh
As you shoot across the sky

Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go, oh
You're gonna leave 'em falling down

You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow
And when it's time, you'll know

You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July

'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go, oh
As you shoot across the sky
Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go, oh
You're gonna leave 'em falling down

Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
It's always been inside of you, you, you
And now it's time to let it through

1 comment:

  1. So I read this post on the 18th. Until that day, I had never heard of this Katy Perry song nor had I ever heard it on the radio. Then today (the 19th) I'm in my car and I am nudged to turn the radio on. So I do and guess what song I happen to catch? Yep! "Firework"! Dontcha just looove divine spirit!!! LoL So profound, yet quite the sense of humor! :D

    ReplyDelete