Friday, December 17, 2010

Does it get any better than this?

This is Joni Mitchell singing "Both Sides Now." She first came out with this song in 1970 and then revisited it in 2000. It's fascinating to compare the two. I find it so interesting that she had the wisdom to write/comprehend the ideas in 1970, yet it seems that by 2000 she's actually lived what she is talking about and you can hear the weight of wisdom in her voice. It's gorgeous.

I'm really not surprised that her middle name is Joan. She is fierce. I bet she could teach me a thing or two about unapologetically being who I am.

If you're too busy to listen to both versions, get a grip. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Haha! No, but seriously, I hope you don't feel too busy to listen to both. But if you do, listen to the 2000 version.

1970


2000

No comments:

Post a Comment