Thursday, November 18, 2010

St. Francis of Assisi

During one of my meditations, I felt the urge to walk over to the computer and go to YouTube. After listening to some of my favorite calming music, somehow I wandered into the Catholic music on YouTube. It took me back to my grade school and high school days, going to mass during the week and on Sundays. Some of those songs can still make me cry.

And then I happened upon this beautiful version of "Make Me a Channel of Your Peace" by Sinead O'Connor. It's just gorgeous and heartfelt.



Ever since I first listened to this song, I find myself humming or singing it to myself while I'm out walking, meditating, or going about my day. And St. Francis seemed to want to join the party, as he offered to teach me about the meaning of peace. So I checked my calendar and asked him if next Thursday would work for him.

I kid I kid! When St. Francis offers to help, you say yes.

Ever since then, I find him making his presence known quite a bit. I also think he's responsible for my sudden urge to explore a new healing modality or other kind of personal growth.

If you would like to pray today but are a loss for words, here's some good ones to direct towards the heavens:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment