Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mind Trap

At the end of each meditation session, I always ask my angels and guides what they want me to work on. I have that whole transcendentalist philosophy of living where I am always striving for self-improvement. Maybe in a former life I was shooting the breeze with Ben Franklin?

In at least 5 different ways, their message is always the same: expand your thinking. Be open to possibilities. One way I was shown this is that I was standing on the beach with Moses while he pointed to the ocean. The ocean was meant to represent the infinite possibilities of life. Then, he showed me my own view, and instead of a vast ocean, it was a small stream.

In another meditation, an angel guided me to a beautiful view of mountains, valleys, and lakes. We stood there taking in the scenery, but then the angel put a kind of telescope in front of me, limiting my view to just one mountain peak and a touch of grass. The angel's point was that the smaller view was how I was looking at my life, when in actuality there was much more to see.

And so here is my conundrum. For someone who likes to plan and is very practical, how can I open my mind to what I cannot conceive? Blind faith and trust. And it makes me wonder, what exists for me in that big ocean, or beyond that telescope view, that I am not allowing to come forward? The possibilities are really endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment