Friday, April 23, 2010

H-E-Double Hockey Sticks


Often, I think I take for granted what might be understood about the afterlife, but a question from a client last weekend reminded me that even discussing the basics can be interesting.

I was helping a girl connect with a friend who had overdosed, and she point blank asked me, "Do you believe in hell?"

No, I do not. I have never seen any evidence for what images people conjure up for hell while doing readings. I haven't seen fire, suffering, anguish, torture, or any such things. The closest thing I've seen to hell is that some people who have committed suicide or done particularly deplorable things are in a kind of holding cell. They are not in the full light of heaven, and are in something like time-out or afterlife jail. In this space, they get visited by loved ones, angels, and guides, all who help the person heal. The help is loving, and the space is neutral and clear, not painful.

They seem to be held in this space because their life force is not in a fully loving, healed, and clear space for heaven. It seems that they need to spend time in solitude, thinking, ruminating, exploring their life and getting healing love from angels, guides, and friends before they can fully be welcomed into heaven. As for how long someone is in that space, I'm not sure. Time is not linear over there. Days? Weeks? Months? I'm not sure. But I know that the process is up to the individual and how quickly they want to learn, grow, and heal.

The best way you can help your loved ones who've passed on is to pray for them. When we have an intention for those passed on, the energy of our prayers actually affects their energy! They heal as we think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment