Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kindness


Some of you know that at the beginning of 2009 I had an entirely different blog dedicated to acts of kindness every day. It was a New Year's resolution that just like all resolutions died sometime between March and April. I am really not a creative person, and thinking of and completing a selfless act every single day got very very hard.

Now that my schedule is much busier than it was in January, I also am finding it hard to commit to a regular volunteering schedule. So my compromise is to take up my acts of kindness again. I'm not going to say that I will do one every day; it was really hard for me to be that creative.

I do believe whole-heartedly in this mission. I think it is extremely valuable to dedicate yourself to selfless acts that do not benefit you in any way. I believe true charity and unconditional love come from a place of giving regardless of any return. So my efforts are always to do acts of kindness that cannot benefit me in any way and are anonymous as often as possible.

So for today, I'm going to start with my old familiar favorite: The Hunger Site. Click, click, click, and food is donated. Anonymous, free, quick, easy. I hope you'll join me on this one today.

If you ever have good suggestions for acts of kindness, please email or comment and let me know.

Lastly, you may be wondering why if my goal is to be anonymous that I am posting it on my blog? Well, first I think it keeps me honest. When I record it and know that people are reading, it helps me keep track of how well I'm doing. Also, I'm hoping that some of these acts will be fun and easy for you as well and we can increase the kindness going around.

No comments:

Post a Comment