Saturday, October 3, 2009

The '3am' Part of This 'Epiphany' Thing


So if you'll note the time, it's about 3:30am as I start this post. I woke up at 1:45, laying in bed (lying in bed? good God I taught English for four years and I never got those straight), and patiently waited for sweet, precious, beautiful sleep to come back to me. By 3:15am I gave up. But I gave it a good honest try, right?

Look at this kid sleeping on the stairs. Man. I am so jealous of babies and little kids who can fall asleep anywhere. In the car. On a plane. On a bus. On a train. Do you think Dr. Seuss needs a co-author?

So being the nerd that I am, the first thing I did in writing this post was to try to find out how many people have trouble sleeping. Four lame google searches and a zillion broken links later, I have no idea. I got answers of 25%, 45%, and 90% in my five minute exploration. This is what my husband and I would file under "questionable facts dot com." 90% of statistics are fake, right? Right.

I also wonder, do mediums have a harder time sleeping than your run-of-the-mill human?

Consider these common complications that get in the way of sleep:
*being a woman (c'mon! we've got enough problems already)
*stress
*noise
*change in environment
*medication side effects
*caffeine, nicotine, alcohol
*irregular sleep schedules

Oh, and this one I really love:
*expecting to have difficulty sleeping and worrying about it

Then, I'd like to submit my psychic-related sleep issues:
*dream visits from family that's passed on
*dream visits from strangers who have messages
*intense talks with the higher realms, almost like a progress report meeting and evaluation of how I'm doing/what I could do better

When we sleep, we're connecting with the higher realms. We get a lot of personal work done on ourselves when we sleep. I've been having issues sleeping pretty much all of September, but at least Karen Bishop made me feel less crazy about it.

If you've had trouble sleeping lately and normally do not, this might be of interest to you. This is an excerpt taken from one of Karen Bishop's books:

"Insomnia occurs when we need a break from being in the higher realms, or other dimensions that sleeping creates. We need to be back on the earth plane and it appears that we need to be there or else! Therefore, no matter what we do, we are unable or "not allowed" access to the higher dimensions for awhile;even while sleeping.

One of the most common symptoms of the ascension process,
insomnia, seems to affect most everyone. And it's a strange kind of insomnia at that. It begins by awakening between 2 and 4 a.m. every night for awhile. Then it will subside. It can return again, and eventually, one is awakened around 5 a.m. This can go on for several weeks and then return. Once you wake up, you cannot go back to sleep. Thank goodness the ascension process also has phases of deep sleeping and napping!

Insomnia forces us to remain on the earth plane. We don't get
to go anywhere. We cannot go far or deep into other realities for awhile. When we are unable to sleep, we have to then be here. Through ascension, we have integrated much and are now vibrating higher. Becoming involved in, and allowing our energy and presence to reside in a New and higher vibrating reality, helps with the integration of a New World and reality. Our presence makes it more real and solid as we are contributing to its very New vibration.

Many times we do a lot of our shifting and releasing while in the
dream state at night. Much can happen in regard to our vibrational and spiritual growth when we are asleep. During ascension, a lot is occurring for us in this regard. We are greatly changing and expanding in consciousness. Therefore, at times we need a break. We then need to be in the New space that we are adjusting to and becoming ourselves."

The good news: yay! I'm ascending! Hurray for becoming a better soul.
The bad news: I.can.not.sleep.

I left out the excerpt where Karen talks about the joys of not sleeping. "Read a book! Watch a movie! Stare at the sunrise!" Those are all great ideas, Karen, but I have a better idea. It's called sleep AKA the best thing to do between 10pm and 6am.

Ob la di, ob la da . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment