Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spiritual Amnesia


I really love Akashic records readings. Since I was a naturally gifted, 100% organic, all-natural psychic medium first, the Akashics initially seemed obsolete. But in my spiritual quest, I did manage to distinguish the different uses.

I am way too wordy today, so let me break it down as easily as possible:
Mediumship reading--everything but the kitchen sink. Late loved ones, angels, career, life's questions, relationships, etc.
Akashic reading--past life exploration and understanding to look for patterns: recurring themes, repeated choices, finding the root of traumas, etc.

A common theme that comes up in the Akashic records is what I like to call "spiritual amnesia." Hold on to your hats folks, because this one is a doozy.

God/Spirit/Creator was not kidding when she/he said we have free will. We have so many choices. No matter how important it is for us to be a teacher, marry that guy, or move to that place, no one can make us do it. Not God, not angels, no one but ourselves. Free will holds this universe together, and it means that our progress as a soul is completely up to us.

In Akashic readings, I have the privilege of revealing to people why their soul chose the heavy-hitting lessons that it has. Before we enter our life, we actually chose many of our big battles.

I want to have autism.
I want to help my dad.
I want to conquer my fear of failure.

We pick these battles to teach us the lessons our soul needs to learn. Then our guides and angels help us map out that reality on earth, serving up the challenges we asked for before this crazy ride got started. Once we get in the flow, we can pick up the gauntlet and run with it, or we can say ya know what, I know I picked this lesson but I don't feel like learning it. It's all up to us.

This is always so hard to tell people. Typically, I scrunch up my face, suck in a deep breath, and say something like, "I know this sounds like a sucker-punch to the gut, but you actually chose this ridiculousness." Surprisingly, no one has slapped me in the face yet. Take my word for it--it is really hard to tell someone that they chose to get cancer, marry an unsupportive guy, etc. Because then the finger-pointing goes right back in your own face.

Some people smile and chuckle. Man, I really am crazy. Just like I always thought. Other people look at me like I am completely bonkers. Why would I choose THIS?! You are some kind of cruel, mean lady.

Hence, this is what I call spiritual amnesia. On the other side, free of Earth's many challenges, we are so goal-oriented. So inspired. So wise and so willing to grow. It's like the first day of high school all the time. I'm going to get a 4.0. I'm going to run for class president. I'm going to ask that girl out. We have a lengthy list of accomplishments we'd like to see through all for the growth of ourselves. But when we make that list, we are in spirit form and it's like we've completely forgotten how absurdly difficult Earth life truly is. So when we get here, it's a huge palm-smack to the forehead. What in the world did I just do!?

So here are the nuggets of wisdom that I've derived from this universal truth:

  • Our struggles are self-inflicted. Do not look externally to lay fault for your pain.
  • We are our own wisest teacher! We know exaclty what we need to do to be the perfect soul.
  • Look past the pain to explore why you would choose this challenge. Discover the lesson learned from the pain and realize how conquering this obstacle makes you a better soul.

Easier said than done. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment