Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Go Out Walkin'


How gorgeous the weather has been! Fall is my favorite season of the year, and September, October, November, and December are my favorite months. The fall chill seems to have come a bit early, but I am not complaining!

My new neighborhood is idyllic for walking. It is quiet mid-day, with the exception of crickets and the occasional barking dog. Beautiful, mature oak trees line the sidewalk with shade, and the grass is a brilliant green.

I could walk for miles and miles. It gives me the chance for my mind to wander all while enjoying the beauty of nature. Rocky is the perfect companion and trots along sniffing all the way.

When I have let myself be clouded with worry, these walks get out of hand. My internal monologue ends up being a to-do list and a litany of worries. But today I had a rare moment of clarity, remembering the power of the mind. I immediately began my affirming meditations instead:
"I establish my divine presence on this planet."
"I accomplish my divine purpose on this planet."
"I will not let my insecurities and fears keep me from following divine guidance."

It's so important to be self-aware of our internal monologues. We can be our own divine cheerleader, or we can carry our concerns around like a heavy weight. Before you knew it, my internal monologue was uplifting and almost just as effective as a full meditation session.

I hope you are also enjoying the gorgeous autumn season. Next on my fall list is to get thyself to an apple orchard and make some pumpkin-flavored baked goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment