Wednesday, September 9, 2009

God is on the Interwebs


I debated on my title for this post because I have considerable issues with the word "God." What to call such a being? God, Creator, Spirit, Energy, I don't know, nothing seems quite right. But that's for another post, isn't it.

So I was taking care of some very serious stuff today--IRS forms and credit card forms for business and whatnot, very necessary but what I consider to be very scary stuff. It's just all so official. What does a teacher know about running a business?

I just got off the phone from one of these oh-so-official calls and decided to check out a website that a friend sent to me. It's called The Happiness Project. Considering my stress level right now with a weird flu bug plus this business stuff, I thought I could use it.

Lo and behold, what is today's post all about on The Happiness Project? Baby steps. Putting things into small, easy-to- manage, do-able action steps for today, knowing that they will build into the big plan for tomorrow.

Wow, I really needed to hear that.

Hence, God is on the Interwebs. Maybe a more approachable way to think of it is that Divine Guidance is all around us.

I think we've all had an experience like that. After another crappy day at work, we open a newspaper to find an ad declaring "Today's the day that enough is enough. It's time to quit." Or you're thinking that maybe it's finally time to get working out again, and a friend tells you they're going to start taking a spinning class, want to join?

Coincidence? Messages? Based on personal experience and informational relays, I believe in the latter. Now how exactly that all works, I don't know; but I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment