Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Lonely Dog


It's been a busy morning. I am scouring the internet looking for inventive ways to find some friends for my dog, Rocky.

We just moved to Oak Park, and it's been hard for Rocky. He's told me that he's not fond of the hardwood floors or the stairs, and he misses all of the dogs in our old neighborhood. Lots of people in Oak Park have dogs, but they also have backyards; and since Oak Park has a lesser population density, it means we're not really running into anyone either.

So, I put up a craigslist ad and made him a Dogbook page (a Facebook page for dogs).

It breaks my heart that he's feeling lonely, and I also am trying to avoid finding the ultimate companion--a second dog. I'm hoping that if we can find some buddies in the neighborhood, we'll be all good. Naturally, I'm expecting that the universe has got my back on this one and Rocky will be filling up his Rolodex in no time.

If you have any doggie friends that you think Rocky would like to meet, give us a woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment