Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Today

One of the things that I am trying to improve in myself is an appreciation for the present. I struggle with dwelling on the past and scheming for the future, all the while missing the joy of the present. With that said, winter can sometimes be a trying time for me. I very much love to connect to nature, and well, winter in Chicago is nothing short of ugly.

There's that beautiful time between Thanksgiving and Christmas where the frost is charming, the snow is pretty, and the twinkling lights make everything glow. But after January 1st, all bets are off. The snow is dirty and frozen over and the chapped butt isn't so charming anymore!

But I will not dwell on the beauty of autumn or wish for a flying calendar this year. I'm going to work on seeing the beauty of winter.

And without further ado, here is my list of 5 things that I can love from January to April:

  • A mug of hot chocolate (using almond milk to be vegan of course) or hot tea
  • Electric heated blankets!
  • Candlelight in the early evening hours
  • Wearing comfy booties around the house
  • Making comfort foods like chili, cornbread and apple pie
That wasn't so hard! Now let's see if this list holds up to the butt-chapping weather of February in Chicago. I get cold just thinking about it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment