Thursday, October 21, 2010

What Does it Mean?!

So I hope you don't get your latest up-to-the-minute news here, because this post is no exception to the evidence that my posts are a bit behind the times. Double rainbow guy was a big hit this summer. But whatever.

So for anyone who didn't see this video getting around the interwebs this summer, "double rainbow guy" is Paul Vazquez, who lives in a remote area new Yosemite National Park. The video speaks for itself, so if you haven't seen it, then watch it.

My question is, what's the big deal people? So many comments conclude that "he must be high" or insinuate that there's something wrong with him. While I admit that the former is possible, I truly hope not. He maintains that it was just "full rainbow power" that compelled him to laugh and cry at the site. And I am totally jealous.

I have moments like this during my meditations where I really feel one with God and everything is just as it should be, and usually it makes me laugh, cry, and smile. How wonderful to be captured on camera! I just love it, and I wish we had less cynicism and more honest searching for the beauty in all things. This guy obviously knows how to appreciate life and love the gifts of each moment.

I feel like meditating right now and trying to have my own double rainbow moment . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment