Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another "Duh!" Moment


Why haven't I thought of this before?

I am a music lover. I love to play music, sing, dance along, all things music really. I also love love love to dance, especially Indian and Brazilian dancing the belly dancing and all of that good stuff. I also love to meditate as you know, and sometimes I play music to aid my meditation/Reiki time. I find that music helps me go deeper into my meditation. So since I'm always recommending books, why not recommend music as well?

Now we're on to something.

So here's one I love: Deva Premal. Her music is hindu words and chants with lovely Indian instrument accompaniment. Her voice is beautifully etheral and soulful at the same time. Just gorgeous. Here is her extensive CD list on Amazon.

This CD cover featured is a bit of a faster tempo if you're looking for something more upbeat. I also highly recommend Dakshima. Here's a sample song, probably my favorite:
"Aad Guray"

No comments:

Post a Comment