Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009


How will I top a year like 2009? Honestly, I have no friggin' clue. 2009 was a roller coaster of awesomeness. Here are just some of the bullet point highlights:
  • I quit my teaching job (well, technically I quit November 2008, but trust me, it didn't sink in until '09)
  • I graduated with my master's degree in Educational Policy Studies
  • I started.my.own.business
  • I applied to and was accepted to 3 PhD programs
  • I found myself a personal direct pipeline to saints, angels, loved ones who've passed on, and other such lovely beings
  • I had my first (and perhaps last) radio show
  • I became a reiki master/teacher
  • I began my journey in learning the art of hypnotherapy
  • I found my love for reading and for the library again and made up for serious lost time
  • I got to enjoy spending almost 24/7 with my adorable dog Rocky
  • I got out on the road with my new-found career and have gotten to meet nice, lovely people all over the mid-west
  • I took meditation to a whole new level
  • I found a way to help people in the most meaningful, loving, spiritual way possible that is just perfect for who I am
Quite honestly I haven't had a year like it in my 27 years. It was courage-making, heart-breaking, love-quaking, Earth-shaking, and now it's over. My life will never be the same because of the surprises, gifts, and discoveries of 2009 and it's left me reeling. Is 2009 a taste of what's to come? Will other years pale in comparison? Is this the kind of year you have once a decade or once a . . . year?

No comments:

Post a Comment