Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Time to Every Purpose under Heaven

Lately I've been struggling with keeping up good habits. Sometimes, it's so effortless to follow through on my intentions, and other times it's just the last thing I want to do.

Take reading. For about 2 months straight, I was flying through about two books a week. I was headed to the library about every other day. I really love to read, and always have from a young age; the mental stimulation is great. I was really enjoying myself and loving it.

But for the last month, I've been going to the library for DVD's instead. I just finished up a Tudors marathon (season one, no spoilers please!). Next I'll be on to Marie Antoinette (with Kirsten Dunst) and then I'm going to give Dexter a try.

I can't figure out what the switch is all about. I actually like reading more than watching a movie, but for some reason the thought of picking up a book makes me roll my eyes like a 10 year old boy at the library.

So here's my conundrum--do I let it go? What do you do when you lose your passion for something that's good for you, like working out or flossing? (just kidding)

When is it healthy to take a break from the activities that make us better, and when is it just being lazy? Do I force myself to pick up a book again, or do I wait until I get the urge, even if it's 6 months from now?

I really don't have the answers, nor am I really sure how I would get myself out of this rut anyway.

Here's "The Byrds." I am a total flower child . . . of the 80's; well, maybe in another life. With any luck, I was the chick flailing around in the background and dancing like she's in a sack race.

No comments:

Post a Comment