Tuesday, November 3, 2009

How to Compose a Great Affirmation


Here are the tips for all of you attempting to reprogram your brain:

1. Use present tense.
Example: I am well organized, not I will be well organized.

Your subconscious believes everything you say. So if you say "I will be a size eight," your subconscious believes it. This means you will always be reaching for it but never achieve it.

2. State it as an already accomplished fact.
Example: I exercise daily, not I will exercise daily.

3. Be positive.
Example: I eat healthy food, not I don't eat junk food.

Our subconscious isn't paying close enough attention. If you say, "I don't eat junk food," your subconscious will hear "eat . . . junk food." Only use positive words that you would actually want to be lodged in your brain. For example, don't use the word "pain."

These are just a few tips on constructing a great affirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment