Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Are You Blocking Your Own Progress?


I had a profound learning experience with a reiki client the other day. Of course I want to protect the client, so for the sake of an smooth-reading post, let's call the client Sam.

Sam hopped up onto the massage table, settling in for a reiki session. I went through my intentions, protections, and symbols, and then began the treatment at the top of Sam's head.

Without thinking, I just immediately blurted out, "Why aren't you accepting the reiki?"

I could feel Sam's energy distinctly pushing back on mine. Instead of my hands immediately getting iron-hot, they stayed cool.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Sam asked. I know what she's thinking. I came over here, I'm laying down, I'm paying you, what do you mean I'm not accepting the reiki?

"Hold on a minute," I asked and regrouped. This session was a bust at this rate. "If you don't mind, Sam, I'd like to psychically ask what is going on here."

Sam shrugged her shoulders, "Sure."

Here's a great example of why it's nice to be a psychic medium reiki master; it can really come in handy at times like this.

I got a lot of information, but in summation, Sam was hurting deep inside and was punishing herself. In her past (both this life and other lifetimes), she let down other people that she felt responsible for. Even to this day, she carries around the guilt for the wrongs she feels she has committed. Because of this guilt, when reiki energy comes her way, her inner mantra is I don't deserve to heal. I deserve to suffer. I don't want this help because I don't deserve to feel good.

After I shared this information with Sam, I improvised and said, "Okay, Sam, why don't we try this. Say this mantra both out loud and to yourself:
I deserve healing in my life.
I deserve this reiki.
I want help."

After about 15 seconds of this mantra being repeated both out loud and in her head, my hands became hot and the reiki began to flow.

Talk about a Eureka moment! So here's what I learned from this reiki treatment:

1. Once again, the power of the mind is incredible. Who knows what blocks we have locked away in our heads, sabotaging us even as we try to improve? What other mantras have we stashed away in our psyche, preventing us from being our best? This whole experience has made me even more excited for hypnotherapy.

2. Every one of my reiki clients needs to say this mantra before we begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment