Thursday, August 6, 2009

What is "Meant to Be"?


Being a medium is a powerful and humbling calling. I am given this awesome gift to reveal to people what is for their highest good and the potential inside themselves. Every day I am so grateful for this gift and the opportunity to relay information from a loving universe. In the wise words of Spiderman, with great power comes great responsibility, and I do not take this vocation lightly!

One common concern for clients is what is "supposed to be" or "meant to be" for them, whether it be in love, career, children, etc. I can hear an anxiousness and excited anticipation in their voice, and I know that what I say will greatly impact their expectations for their life path.

We've all seen the movies and read the books of the wise old woman who can just look at your palm, into your eyes, and know everything. Slowly and with confidence, she tells the scared child "You will live a long life" or "You will always be poor." The shell-shocked child backs away, wide-eyed, with a combination of horror and awe.

When I am asked what is "meant to be," here's the bombshell that I deliver--there is no such thing! Every day, we make decisions and choices that create our reality. Every day, our mantras and beliefs form our life as we know it. Certainly, there are choices and actions that are for our highest good, but "meant to be" does not exist. There are only things that would be best for us and our purpose, and things that would make accomplishing our best harder to do.

The idea that there are things in life that are "meant to be" can be very comforting. If I can't find a husband, then it must be meant to be for me to be single. If I can't sell my house, then it must be meant to be for me to stay put. If something is "supposed to be," then it means that we are helpless to fight it. It also means that it is not our fault and we can let ourselves off the hook for claiming any responsibility if we don't get what we want.

What is scary (and empowering) is that it is all up to us. We choose our path and we create our reality. The power of our intentions and the power of our mind is incredible.

So when you give me a call and ask me what is "meant to be," I will smile and ask "Do you mean what would be for your highest good?"

No comments:

Post a Comment